For those of you who may not be aware of this, WordPress.com offers a Weekly Photo Challenge as part of its Post-a-Day (or Post-a-Week) initiative. A new theme applies each week. I’m not an artist or a particularly gifted photographer, but I can manage editing software pretty well, so I’ve tried some entries.
Here’s the great thing about this challenge – it exposes participants to so many other bloggers and their sites. I have been impressed by:
- the incredible number of photography blogs that are out there
- the variety of ways people interpret each week’s assignment
- the generosity of other bloggers in their comments, including advice
Another benefit is what I’m learning about framing and editing my own amateur shots. Take a peek at my entries (links below, or select Photo Challenges from the Categories menu), then take the link in the narrative of each entry to the assignment page for that week. If you scroll down you’ll see links to other entries.
Very fun, as my grandson would say.
- 4/13/12 Challenge – Two Subjects
- 4/20/12 Challenge – The Sun
- 4/27/12 Challenge – Together
- 5/4/12 Challenge - Unfocused
- 5/12/12 Alternate Challenge – Reflection
- 5/14/12 Challenge – Blue
- 5/18/12 Challenge – Hands