Recapping my recent post about the generosity of bloggers: last week, melouisef at Just Fletcher nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award. In a little embarrassment of riches, this week. Diana at A Beginner nominated me for the Kreativ Blogger Award. Although I thanked both immediately, family needs kept me from completing the rest of the acceptance process for the awards right away. (I was throwing my overnight bag into my car…)
Let me start by saying that these awards were a delightful surprise during a stressful time, and I really appreciated the double excuse to smile – so thanks again to both of these kind souls!
This recognition stuff is not all fun and giddiness, though. There are rules for accepting the awards, and I will sober up and honor them now. I hope you will read all the way to the bottom, to check out my own nominees. The instructions for the two awards are very similar. They are:
- Add the award to your blog
- Thank the blogger who gave it to you
- Mention 7 random things about yourself
- List the rules
- Pass on the award to 15 bloggers (Versatile)/10 bloggers (Kreative) (or as many as you reasonably can – I’ve noticed some people can’t come up with the full numbers.)
- Inform the newly nominated by commenting on their blogs
- I am a Diana Gabaldon junkie.
- Two of my five grandchildren are already taller than I am (and I’m not short!)
- I’m one of 22 first cousins on my dad’s side (yes family gatherings are noisy, but wonderful!)
- I went to 3 colleges before I finished
- I’m the de facto family archivist for both my own, and my husband’s, families
- I’m a serial daydreamer (read ADHD)
- I love to travel and am a little obsessive about planning our trips!
- I love mysteries (the cerebral kind, not the violent, gory sort)
- I have three grown, married children in three different cities
- I’m a Virgo, but a selective fusspot – some things I don’t worry much about at all!
- I have very pale blue eyes, but my dad’s were bluer, and his dad’s were bluer yet
- My first international travel was to Scotland when I was 10 – on an 80-seat propeller plane across the Atlantic!
- I’m from an all-girl family and my hubby’s from an all-boy family
- My mother named me for her mother – then found out that the given name my Nana used wasn’t her real name!
June 20, 2012 Update: GingerbreadCafe has also nominated me for the Versatile Blogger award. I’m delighted that her site has also won the award – it’s another that I have regularly visited and enjoyed! Use the link in this paragraph to see who else was nominated in that post!
June 25, 2012 Update: Campanulla Della Anna has listed The Retiring Sort as one of her nominees for the Versatile Blogger award. She has also listed a nice variety of other bloggers. Use the link in this paragraph to see who they are, and visit them!