I am a little overwhelmed and very appreciative – I’ve been nominated for a number of great blogging awards over the past months. I wanted to do the acceptance posts properly, so I’ve been pitifully slow about it. I apologize. It took me a little time to select appropriate nominees – but now I’m ready!
My sincere thanks to the the following kind souls for their nominations: Pat Bailey at I Miss Me, Too (One Lovely Blog Award), both CanadianTravelBugs and Cyberbonnn at Just Cats (Beautiful Blogger Award), LubbyGirl at REmissionary (Very Inspiring Blogger Award), and FirstandFabulous (Gemma) at Dear Bliary (No Strings Attached/Gratitude Award). I appreciate the thoughtfulness of each of these interesting bloggers – Please visit them at the links provided above to see why they also received these awards!
I accept awards because it makes me happy, but also because the acceptance process does something that’s important, especially for newer bloggers: It shares information about interesting blogs, and helps us get to know one another.
Here are the requirements for accepting each of these awards (except for the No Strings Attached/Gratitude Award):
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and share a link to that blog – Done!
- Attach the award icon to your site – Done!
- Share seven random things about yourself: I’m getting braver about writing; I love being on the water; I’m a terrible procrastinator; I want a new digital SLR camera; I’m a real klutz; I like loading the dishwasher but hate unloading it; I’m married to a twin.
- And finally, offer the specified number of “pay it forward” nominations, advising those bloggers that they’ve been nominated and how to accept the award. (I’ve listed the mandated number of nominees for each award below, and to maximize the number of blogs you can visit, haven’t duplicated them.)
One Lovely Blog Award Nominees (7):
- http://pigletinportugal.com/about/ All things Portugal
- http://warmhotchocolate.com/about/ Travel, Creative ideas for kids
- http://playamart.wordpress.com/about/ Artist with a wonderful outlook
- http://thekovies.wordpress.com/ Sweet and family centered posts
- http://sharkyovengloves.wordpress.com/about/ recipes and travel
- http://shaanthz.wordpress.com/about/ recipes, health, and photos
- http://janetsnotebook.com/about/ creative craft ideas and more
Very Inspiring Blogger Award Nominees (15):
- http://untitledadventure.wordpress.com/about/ Varied posts with an interesting outlook
- http://joyfulwise.com/about/ Lovely creative posts
- http://eof737.wordpress.com/about/ Lovely, varied posts with a family centered theme
- http://thismansjourney.net/about/ Simple, lovely family centered blog
- http://mostlybrightideas.wordpress.com/about-2/ great writing and cute cartoons
- http://melodylowes.com/about/ poetry, photos, encouragement
- http://katherinesdaughter.com/about-2/ inspiration and encouragement
- http://spiritualworldtraveler.wordpress.com/about/ travel, photos
- http://joycannis.wordpress.com/whats-this-all-about/ poems, photos, spirituality
- http://fathersightings.wordpress.com/about-fathersightings/ reflections, photos
- http://sharechair.wordpress.com/awards// inspiring us to learn new technology and more!
- http://retireediary.wordpress.com/about/ musings of a fellow retiree, great photos
- http://godslover.wordpress.com/about/ lovely photos, simple musings
- http://coastalcrone.com/about-the-crone/ poetry, travel, photos and more
- http://livingtheseasons.com/about-me/ writings, photography, memories
Beautiful Blogger Award Nominees (15):
- http://travellersoul76.com/about-me/ World travel
- http://yichinglin.com/about/ Fabulous photos
- http://rutheh.com/about/ Wonderful photography
- http://dauwgalerij.blogspot.be/ Photography, music selections and more
- http://davidrwetzelphotography.wordpress.com/about/ great photography
- http://globetrottersara.wordpress.com/about/ travel/photography
- http://creativityaroused.wordpress.com/about/ poetry, photography
- http://travelswithtoby.wordpress.com/about/ travel, photography
- http://www.challenge-activ.com/Wordpress/ travel, photography
- http://soundslikewish.wordpress.com/about/ WWII photos, travel, photos
- http://cjvl.wordpress.com/about/ a medley of musing and photos
- https://campanulladellaanna.wordpress.com/ wonderful Photos
- https://shareandconnect.wordpress.com/ travel, lovely photos, and more
- http://smallhousebiggarden.wordpress.com/about/ plants, photos, musings
- http://marigoldsmind.wordpress.com/about/ nice mixed bag of musings and photos
(No Strings Attached) Gratitude Award Nominees (0 required – but I chose 10):
This one I’m sending out to some bloggers who maintain great sites of their own, but always take time to visit and comment on other bloggers’ posts. They (among others) have supported and encouraged me regularly. No strings on accepting this one, folks!
- http://firstandfabulous.wordpress.com/about/ – Right back atcha, Gemma!
I hope, whether or not these bloggers opt to accept their nominations, that you will choose to visit some or all of them, and perhaps connect with a new kindred spirit or two along the way!
I am somewhat embarrassed to say that while I dithered over these, I have received a couple of new nominations. To those kind folks: I haven’t forgotten you; I am working on my acceptance post now. In the meantime, thanks so much for putting up with me and reading all the way to the bottom – Like most acceptance “speeches,” this ran too long! Maybe I should create a Patient Reader Award!!