- DNA Ethnicity Test Result Reliability – It’s All About Expectations
- Chasing Family – Online Family Trees: To Post or Not to Post?
- Chasing Family… Down a Rabbit Hole and Up a Tree
- The Pros and Cons of Fear and Anger
- Starting a New Holiday Tradition
- The Giving Season and the Thoughtful Giver
- Do I Really Have My Father’s Eyes?
- Symbols of Cities and Lands
- Land Meets Water
- The Ephemeral Nature of Days… and of Gratitude
Monthly Archives: February 2012
I’ve been glibly throwing out the threat of retirement for a few years now. Why? Well, that’s a good question. I’m fortunate to have employment in my field, complete with a regular paycheck, benefits, a cozy office, and some interesting and engaging co-workers. … Continue reading
My husband is an ardent paddler – we own kayaks, a canoe, and all the associated gear. He loves lakes and rivers – and everything he learns from them. When I’m lucky (although I slow him down a bit), I go … Continue reading
I’ve thought a lot lately about what it will mean to retire. I even went on the Merriam-Webster website (www.m-w.com) and considered some of their definitions, like: to withdraw from action or danger to withdraw especially for privacy to move back : recede … Continue reading