The Retiring Sort
Join 1,163 other subscribers
- DNA Ethnicity Test Result Reliability – It’s All About Expectations
- Chasing Family – Online Family Trees: To Post or Not to Post?
- Chasing Family… Down a Rabbit Hole and Up a Tree
- The Pros and Cons of Fear and Anger
- Starting a New Holiday Tradition
- The Giving Season and the Thoughtful Giver
- Do I Really Have My Father’s Eyes?
- Symbols of Cities and Lands
- Land Meets Water
- The Ephemeral Nature of Days… and of Gratitude
Monthly Archives: March 2012
Kiss Today Good-bye, and Point Me Toward Tomorrow…
Tomorrow, I’ll wake up, get in my car, and drive with my husband to visit our son in Upstate New York. I won’t be going in to the office tomorrow, or on any other day from now on. Today, after a … Continue reading
Posted in Retirement itself, Ruminations Tagged change, Gratitude, lifestyle, Memories, moving on, retirement, Thanks 10 Comments
Countdown to My New Life
Four more days…. that’s all that’s left of my career. I had other jobs before I started down this path, but I started as a temp in an insurance office in 1974, and signed on full-time in 1975. I briefly tried something else, … Continue reading
Posted in Family, Giving Back, Recreation, Retirement itself, Ruminations Tagged blogging, choices, Employment, family, Insurance, lifestyle, moving on, recreation, retirement, stress 6 Comments
My Pre-Flight Checklist
So, I’ve announced my retirement and given my notice. Now I have a few weeks left to prepare. I haven’t really thought about the actual transition away from employment in a practical way until now, but there are a number of things … Continue reading
You must be logged in to post a comment.