In this Thanksgiving Season, I have many important things, and a few fun ones, to be thankful for. Among the fun items are some blogging awards, and I’d like to share that bounty with my own nominees of varied and interesting blogs – including a few I have only recently discovered. I hope you will take time to visit them, as well as the kind bloggers who passed these awards on to me:
Illuminating Blogger Award – Campanulla Della Anna shared this one. I do hope some of my posts are illuminating, and I will strive to earn this going forward! The requirements are:
- Leave a comment on the original award site – Done!
- Share a random fact about yourself: I love the ocean.
- Choose 5 bloggers to pass the torch to. See below.
Reality Blog Award – This one is new to me. It was shared by Jenn at the Serenity Space. This is kind of nice, as there aren’t a lot of rules, and no specific number of nominations – just a few tough reality questions. So here we go…
- If you could change something what would you change? Too personal – in general, I guess I wish I could make my children’s childhoods perfect. I love them all so much, and I know I didn’t always get it right.
- If you could relive one day, when would it be? Again, too personal. I would like to redo the day of my youngest’s Sweet 16 party so everyone in our family could have been there. Too many people were missing.
- What’s one thing that really scares you? Losing my health… or my husband’s health.
- What one dream have you not completed yet, and do you think you will be able to complete it? There are some places I’d like to go – and I hope I’ll get to them, but I’d like to have the discipline to complete a book, and that may be a pipe dream!
- If you could be someone else for a day, who would you be? I thought about my husband, so I could see the world through his eyes – but then, maybe I don’t want to know that much! I also wish I had some clever response, like President so I could change the world… but the truth is I was fearfully and wonderfully made, just like everyone else, and had probably best stick with who I am.
My optional nominees:
Wonderful Team Member Readership Award – I love the idea of this! Carol at Wanderings of an Elusive Mind nominated me, and this one does have some rules:
- Display the logo on his/her post/page and/or sidebar – Done!
- The Nominee must finish this sentence and post: ”A Great reader is…” : I think a great reader is one who takes time to read and respond to other blogger’s posts, and who takes time to acknowledge and respond to comments and pingbacks on his/her own blog. We’re all in this together, and the team works best when we support and learn from one another.
- Nominate 14 readers they appreciate over a period of 7 days (1 week) – this can be done at any rate during the week. It can be ALL on one day or a few on one day and a few on another day, etc., naming his or her nominees on a post or on posts during the 1 week) period. See my list below. These are all people who have taken the time to reach out to other bloggers in comments.
- The Nominee shall make these rules, or amended rules keeping to the spirit of the Wonderful Team Member Readership Award, known to each reader s/he nominates. Done, in comments on their blogs and pingbacks from this post.
So, my advance thanks to you for taking time to learn about these blogs – I hope they bring you some new friends!