The Retiring Sort
Join 1,163 other subscribers
- DNA Ethnicity Test Result Reliability – It’s All About Expectations
- Chasing Family – Online Family Trees: To Post or Not to Post?
- Chasing Family… Down a Rabbit Hole and Up a Tree
- The Pros and Cons of Fear and Anger
- Starting a New Holiday Tradition
- The Giving Season and the Thoughtful Giver
- Do I Really Have My Father’s Eyes?
- Symbols of Cities and Lands
- Land Meets Water
- The Ephemeral Nature of Days… and of Gratitude
June 2023 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Tag Archives: Ancestry
Chasing Family – Online Family Trees: To Post or Not to Post?
SPOILER ALERT – This post relates to the hobby of Genealogy. I’ve been at this genealogy thing in one way or another for about 25 years now. I worked full-time for many of those years, so it was an … Continue reading
Posted in Family, Genealogy, Technology Tagged Ancestry, Family Tree, Privacy 3 Comments
Chasing Family… Down a Rabbit Hole and Up a Tree
I haven’t regularly posted to this blog for a while. Life gets in the way sometimes, but since this week marks my 5-year “blogoversary” I’m inspired to jump back in. I’ve recently had eye surgery, and the world is literally … Continue reading
Posted in Blogging, Family, Genealogy, Recreation, Ruminations Tagged Ancestry, Family History, Genealogy 6 Comments
Sharing My Scots Gaelic Heritage
One of my grandsons is a cub scout. His pack is working on a “Heritage” project to earn a belt loop and a pin. The gist is that each scout must learn about where his family came from, choose a … Continue reading
Posted in Family, Ruminations Tagged Ancestry, family, Family History, Family Tree, Gaelic, Genealogy, lifestyle, Memories, photography, Scotland 16 Comments
You must be logged in to post a comment.