The Retiring Sort
Join 1,163 other subscribers
- DNA Ethnicity Test Result Reliability – It’s All About Expectations
- Chasing Family – Online Family Trees: To Post or Not to Post?
- Chasing Family… Down a Rabbit Hole and Up a Tree
- The Pros and Cons of Fear and Anger
- Starting a New Holiday Tradition
- The Giving Season and the Thoughtful Giver
- Do I Really Have My Father’s Eyes?
- Symbols of Cities and Lands
- Land Meets Water
- The Ephemeral Nature of Days… and of Gratitude
March 2023 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Tag Archives: Gaelic
Sharing My Scots Gaelic Heritage
One of my grandsons is a cub scout. His pack is working on a “Heritage” project to earn a belt loop and a pin. The gist is that each scout must learn about where his family came from, choose a … Continue reading
Posted in Family, Ruminations Tagged Ancestry, family, Family History, Family Tree, Gaelic, Genealogy, lifestyle, Memories, photography, Scotland 16 Comments
Maggie the Magnificent – Redux
On Mother’s Day, I posted an homage to my mom, Maggie, citing some of the reasons she has been a wonderful role model to my sister and me. This week, she passed away with the same grace and thoughtfulness she displayed throughout … Continue reading
Posted in Family, Ruminations Tagged A Wee Deoch an' Doris, family, Farewell, Gaelic, Good-bye, Harry Lauder, Maggie, Mother, Passages, Scottish 50 Comments
You must be logged in to post a comment.