The Retiring Sort
Join 1,163 other subscribers
- DNA Ethnicity Test Result Reliability – It’s All About Expectations
- Chasing Family – Online Family Trees: To Post or Not to Post?
- Chasing Family… Down a Rabbit Hole and Up a Tree
- The Pros and Cons of Fear and Anger
- Starting a New Holiday Tradition
- The Giving Season and the Thoughtful Giver
- Do I Really Have My Father’s Eyes?
- Symbols of Cities and Lands
- Land Meets Water
- The Ephemeral Nature of Days… and of Gratitude
May 2023 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Category Archives: Technology
Chasing Family – Online Family Trees: To Post or Not to Post?
SPOILER ALERT – This post relates to the hobby of Genealogy. I’ve been at this genealogy thing in one way or another for about 25 years now. I worked full-time for many of those years, so it was an … Continue reading
Posted in Family, Genealogy, Technology Tagged Ancestry, Family Tree, Privacy 3 Comments
Future Challenge – How Will You Plug in and Connect?
Challenge #12 If you’re reading this, you connect to the internet somehow. Technology offers us a wonderful variety of entertainment, communication, and educational outlets. Over time, my beloved and I have accumulated two PC’s, two laptops, an e-reader/tablet and two … Continue reading
Posted in Future Challenges, Technology Tagged choices, cloud computing, computers, lifestyle, smartphones, tablets, Tech 4 Comments
Is the Cloud Friendly? or Can We Ever Find Cyber Security?
I like doing the USA Today puzzles. Because they aren’t on the Kindle edition, I sometimes pick up the paper version. Although I don’t rely on this for all my hard news, I do enjoy reading the news snippets from various states, baseball … Continue reading
Posted in Ruminations, Technology Tagged change, choices, cloud computing, Data storage, lifestyle, online security, Protecting Data, Technology, The Cloud 11 Comments
You must be logged in to post a comment.