The Retiring Sort
Join 1,163 other subscribers
- DNA Ethnicity Test Result Reliability – It’s All About Expectations
- Chasing Family – Online Family Trees: To Post or Not to Post?
- Chasing Family… Down a Rabbit Hole and Up a Tree
- The Pros and Cons of Fear and Anger
- Starting a New Holiday Tradition
- The Giving Season and the Thoughtful Giver
- Do I Really Have My Father’s Eyes?
- Symbols of Cities and Lands
- Land Meets Water
- The Ephemeral Nature of Days… and of Gratitude
Daily Archives: April 18, 2013
Future Challenge – What Possessions Are Nearest to Your Heart?
Challenge #19 Moving is always a little traumatic. But moving from a larger home to a smaller retirement home may be even more stressful. Certain memories and possessions won’t make the cut for the new home. If you had to … Continue reading
Posted in Future Challenges Tagged change, choices, moving on 17 Comments
To Keep or Not to Keep? The Trials of Downsizing a Household
OK, fellow boomers – let’s say you’ve been living in your house (or carrying stuff with you from house to house) for thirty, forty, or fifty years. You probably have things stored in the attic or basement that you haven’t … Continue reading
Posted in Retirement itself, Ruminations Tagged change, choices, lifestyle, moving on, Parents 13 Comments
You must be logged in to post a comment.