The Retiring Sort
Join 1,163 other subscribers
- DNA Ethnicity Test Result Reliability – It’s All About Expectations
- Chasing Family – Online Family Trees: To Post or Not to Post?
- Chasing Family… Down a Rabbit Hole and Up a Tree
- The Pros and Cons of Fear and Anger
- Starting a New Holiday Tradition
- The Giving Season and the Thoughtful Giver
- Do I Really Have My Father’s Eyes?
- Symbols of Cities and Lands
- Land Meets Water
- The Ephemeral Nature of Days… and of Gratitude
May 2023 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Tag Archives: Reading to children
The Portable Magic of Books
“I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book.” ― J.K. Rowling I grew up with books. I think every room in our … Continue reading
Posted in Recreation, Ruminations Tagged Books, children, lifestyle, literacy, Memories, Parents, reading, Reading to children 14 Comments
From Mundane to Meaningful – Everyday and Special Times with Grandkids
Most of our grandchildren live about an hour from us in one direction or another, making it relatively easy to take part in their lives. We’ve gone to aquariums and libraries with them. We’ve gone to their parades, school fairs, … Continue reading
Posted in Family, Ruminations, Writing Challenges Tagged Books, DPchallenge, Grandchildren, Jungle Book, lifestyle, Memories, postaday, postaweek, Reading to children, Secret Garden 42 Comments
You must be logged in to post a comment.