- DNA Ethnicity Test Result Reliability – It’s All About Expectations
- Chasing Family – Online Family Trees: To Post or Not to Post?
- Chasing Family… Down a Rabbit Hole and Up a Tree
- The Pros and Cons of Fear and Anger
- Starting a New Holiday Tradition
- The Giving Season and the Thoughtful Giver
- Do I Really Have My Father’s Eyes?
- Symbols of Cities and Lands
- Land Meets Water
- The Ephemeral Nature of Days… and of Gratitude
January 2021 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Category Archives: Writing Challenges
I still remember going to the library with my Mum when I was a preschooler. I had my own library card, and proudly brought home three books from each visit. I learned to read phonetically, and those books gave me … Continue reading
This is a big milestone for me. This is my 100th post on The Retiring Sort. In the ten months since I started this blog I’ve learned a lot about blogging. I really knew almost nothing before that. Before I … Continue reading
If wishes were horses then beggars would ride, If turnips were swords I’d have one by my side. If ‘ifs’ and ‘ands’ were pots and pans There’d be no need for tinkers hands!¹ I wish I were… If you had only … Continue reading
When I was about nine, my mother decorated my room in pink and white. I had striped café curtains with canopy valances, pink walls and bedspreads, and a white desk and trim. I’m not at all sure why she picked … Continue reading