The Retiring Sort
Join 1,163 other subscribers
- DNA Ethnicity Test Result Reliability – It’s All About Expectations
- Chasing Family – Online Family Trees: To Post or Not to Post?
- Chasing Family… Down a Rabbit Hole and Up a Tree
- The Pros and Cons of Fear and Anger
- Starting a New Holiday Tradition
- The Giving Season and the Thoughtful Giver
- Do I Really Have My Father’s Eyes?
- Symbols of Cities and Lands
- Land Meets Water
- The Ephemeral Nature of Days… and of Gratitude
May 2023 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Tag Archives: reading
Future Challenge – What Are Your Most Precious Books?
Challenge #20 I’ve been away for a bit, and so there was no challenge last week, but I brought back some treasures with me… books that belonged to my mother. If you love to read (and my guess is that … Continue reading
Posted in Future Challenges Tagged Books, choices, favorite literature, lifestyle, reading, recreation 12 Comments
The Portable Magic of Books
“I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book.” ― J.K. Rowling I grew up with books. I think every room in our … Continue reading
Posted in Recreation, Ruminations Tagged Books, children, lifestyle, literacy, Memories, Parents, reading, Reading to children 14 Comments
Mind the Gap: Paper or Electronic?
I still remember going to the library with my Mum when I was a preschooler. I had my own library card, and proudly brought home three books from each visit. I learned to read phonetically, and those books gave me … Continue reading
Posted in Ruminations, Writing Challenges Tagged Books, bookstores, choices, DPchallenge, e-books, lifestyle, reading 17 Comments
You must be logged in to post a comment.