- DNA Ethnicity Test Result Reliability – It’s All About Expectations
- Chasing Family – Online Family Trees: To Post or Not to Post?
- Chasing Family… Down a Rabbit Hole and Up a Tree
- The Pros and Cons of Fear and Anger
- Starting a New Holiday Tradition
- The Giving Season and the Thoughtful Giver
- Do I Really Have My Father’s Eyes?
- Symbols of Cities and Lands
- Land Meets Water
- The Ephemeral Nature of Days… and of Gratitude
August 2019 S M T W T F S « Jan 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Category Archives: Finances
It’s that time of year again. Since before Hallowe’en, US stores have been sneaking Christmas items onto their shelves. Blue and silver Hannakuh wrapping paper and red and green Christmas candies have appeared everywhere, and seasonal music has begun playing … Continue reading
Challenge #26 Everyone has a horror story of an estate (big or small) that wasn’t settled smoothly. Usually it’s because there was no will (or no updated will), or because the contents of the will came as an unhappy surprise … Continue reading
This month, a friend of a friend suddenly lost her husband. In the days that followed, my friend and another buddy circled the wagons and, along with the new widow’s family, offered their support to her. Friends are wonderful at … Continue reading
Caregiving for an older person has so many aspects. There are physical and health issues. There are housing and recreational needs. And then there are the bills. I’ve been through this with three parents now – my own two and my … Continue reading