Join 1,163 other followers
- DNA Ethnicity Test Result Reliability – It’s All About Expectations
- Chasing Family – Online Family Trees: To Post or Not to Post?
- Chasing Family… Down a Rabbit Hole and Up a Tree
- The Pros and Cons of Fear and Anger
- Starting a New Holiday Tradition
- The Giving Season and the Thoughtful Giver
- Do I Really Have My Father’s Eyes?
- Symbols of Cities and Lands
- Land Meets Water
- The Ephemeral Nature of Days… and of Gratitude
Monthly Archives: January 2014
I don’t have to travel far to find images of wood… one of my beloved’s hobbies is wood working. In fact, one of the most daunting “gotta have’s” in our search for a retirement home was an adequate woodshop. Here … Continue reading
Merriam-Webster defines juxtaposition as: the act or an instance of placing two or more things side by side; also : the state of being so placed… In the continuing saga of the renovation of our future retirement home, here are some additional … Continue reading
St. Joseph’s Oratory on Mount Royal in Montreal is the largest church in Canada, and is reputed to be the largest shrine in the world. It is not a cathedral, but a church for pilgrims, with 283 steps leading up … Continue reading
We’ve recently passed the Winter Solstice, and here in the Northern Hemisphere that means our days (or, rather, hours of daylight) are finally getting longer. After months of shrinking daylight, the sun will be with us a little longer each … Continue reading