This week’s official WordPress photo challenge is “blue” – images cast somehow in the color blue. This challenge comes late – on a Monday. Usually we get them Friday and have the weekend to dig through our archives. (Not that a silly retired person like me can’t find time on a weekday!) So although I happily participated in the alternate unofficial “Reflections” challenge posted by Ailsa at wheresmybackpack, here are some entries for the official theme of the week:
1) As fortune would have it, I went to the grocery store today – and in the florist section, they had this amazing blue orchid. I had to touch it to believe it – It’s a real plant, but I suspect they doctored the color somehow! I grabbed this with my cell phone:
2) These next two I took at the closing ceremonies of the Beijing Summer Olympics in 2008 – the acrobats were suspended above the arena – it was amazing:
3) Then there’s the good ol’ wild blue yonder – here seen through the pyramid at the Louvre, and behind the statue of Admiral Nelson in Trafalgar Square:
4) And there’s always the deep blue sea, both of these taken in Hawaii – the first on the famous North Shore of Oahu, and the other at Laupahoehoe Harbor on the northeast shore of the big island of Hawaii – where the water was an unreal color:
5) And last – surf & sky together! Both of these were taken on Oahu – the first at the Kualoa Ranch, and the other on the North Shore, showing a variety of teal and blue:
So… that’s me in blue….
And here are a few of the other entries:
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Blue (katharinetrauger.wordpress.com)
- Dreamy Blue: Weekly Photo Challenge (Blue) (suvesabun.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Blue (thetaskmistress.me)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Blue (mtlawleyshire.wordpress.com)
- “Weekly Photo Challenge: Blue” (sahbinahvioletflynn.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Blue (cherylandrews.wordpress.com)
I loved your photos, especially those of the sea. I miss her soooo much. I last saw the sea in 2008
Wow! That’s a long time to be away from the shore. Hope you’l get there soon!
I have never seen a blue orchid. It is amazing!
They tampered with it somehow – it’s called a Blue Mystique. I’d never see one before either – but this one caught my eye!