Looking Glass Reflections

When I’m walking on city streets, I’m generally focused on where I’m going, avoiding other pedestrians, and making crossings safely. When I drive on city streets, I’m similarly preoccupied, and I rarely look above the first floor of any buildings.

But on my trip to Montreal last Fall, I sat on the upper level of a tour bus, and was subject to some reflections – not just on the beauty of the city, but in the window glass of some downtown buildings. My dad was a structural engineer and my father-in-law was an architect, so I learned to love looking at the character of buildings – and this added a whole new dimension.

Here are a few examples – I love how the shape and qualities of glass itself distorts some of the images.

DSCF4378 (2)

DSCF4509 (2) DSCF4510 (2) P1060834 (2) P1060838 (2) P1060485 (2)

Next time you’re on a city street, why not take a moment to look up – and reflect.

_______________________________________________

This post is partly in response to a weekly travel challenge by Ailsa of WheresMyBackpack, on the subject: Β Glass. Β To see other responses to her challenge, click here. Β

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Photo Challenges and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to Looking Glass Reflections

1. adinparadise says:

Wonderful photos for the theme. πŸ™‚

2. Pretty clever! Truly seeing beyond!

3. TBM says:

Isn’t it amazing how much we don’t see. Not that I suggest looking too much while driving.

4. Great shots! I love looking at reflections in buildings. So much fun. Well done!

5. DagEnDauw says:

Quite nice architecture over there =]
    I love the reflections in the glass…

6. coastalcrone says:

Great shots! I really like buildings with glass or reflections.

7. Valentina says:

Cities provide so many points of reflections. I love the energy in your photographs.

8. Great pictures, nicely done.

9. I have a thing for glass in the concrete jungle too. And just last night was driving through downtown Calgary at night for the first time and kept seeing reflections and light and glass that had me going ‘I really need to come back down here!’

10. These are fascinating! I really like the second one (very blue and very reflective) a lot. πŸ™‚

11. Amy says:

Wow, amazing shots!

12. My grandmother was from Montreal and we would visit her family in Montreal often. Even after my grandmother passed away, my mother and I would make regular trips to Montreal. I think I have some similar pictures of the Montreal reflections. lol It’s a beautiful city.

13. The reflections you have captured are really amazing! And there’ s something….magnetic, almost haunting a touch in the last 2 photos. πŸ™‚

14. Jenn says:

Stunning πŸ™‚ its incredible seeing reflections like this πŸ™‚

Since you've come this far... I'd love to hear your thoughts or comments!

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s