- DNA Ethnicity Test Result Reliability – It’s All About Expectations
- Chasing Family – Online Family Trees: To Post or Not to Post?
- Chasing Family… Down a Rabbit Hole and Up a Tree
- The Pros and Cons of Fear and Anger
- Starting a New Holiday Tradition
- The Giving Season and the Thoughtful Giver
- Do I Really Have My Father’s Eyes?
- Symbols of Cities and Lands
- Land Meets Water
- The Ephemeral Nature of Days… and of Gratitude
Monthly Archives: July 2012
Well, here we are at the end of July, and I haven’t done a monthly travelogue yet! As I’ve been watching the Olympics on TV, I’ve seen shots of some of the wonderful places we went outside of London when we … Continue reading
Aparnanairphotography recently gave me a gift. At a time when I was feeling neither inspired nor inspiring, she nominated me for the Inspiring Blog Award. Thank you, Aparna, for the award and the call to action! As followers of my … Continue reading
This week’s WordPress.com Photo Challenge is Purple. Purple means something special to me – it was my mother’s favorite color. I can remember picking wild violets in our yard, bringing them in to her when I was small, proudly adding a … Continue reading
This week’s Travel Theme challenge from Ailsa at Wheresmybackpack? is Flowers. As many beautiful gardens as there are in the world, nowhere are flowers more a part of the cultural fabric than they are in Hawaii. From the moment you arrive in Hawaii, … Continue reading
The weekly Travel Theme from Ailsa at Wheresmybackpack? is Tradition. I’m a little late with my response this week, but since I’m as much a sucker for traditions as anyone, here goes… We tend to think of traditions as something … Continue reading