- DNA Ethnicity Test Result Reliability – It’s All About Expectations
- Chasing Family – Online Family Trees: To Post or Not to Post?
- Chasing Family… Down a Rabbit Hole and Up a Tree
- The Pros and Cons of Fear and Anger
- Starting a New Holiday Tradition
- The Giving Season and the Thoughtful Giver
- Do I Really Have My Father’s Eyes?
- Symbols of Cities and Lands
- Land Meets Water
- The Ephemeral Nature of Days… and of Gratitude
Monthly Archives: August 2012
“To sleep, perchance to dream – ay, there’s the rub…”¹ Oh, Will, you have no idea. We all know that sleep is a necessary thing. Adults should get seven to nine hours of sleep each night for optimum physical and … Continue reading
TravelSupermaket.com has posted a Photo Challenge, with a deadline of August 29th. The challenge is called Capture the Colour. Entrants are to post travel photos showing Blue, Green, Yellow, White and Red, following the rules at: http://www.travelsupermarket.com/c/holidays/capture-the-colour/ Entrants are also asked to invite … Continue reading
The WordPress Weekly Photo challenge is Urban. I usually don’t snap city shots, except to capture landmarks, but I found a few images that show a sense of urban life… just click on a photo to see it larger. A favorite … Continue reading
This week’s Travel Theme from Ailsa at wheresmybackpack is Silhouette. There’s something romantic about a silhouette – the recognizable outlined shape of something, or someone, familiar. A shadow with form. The play of dark against light is always so dramatic … Continue reading
Two purple hand weights sit beside me on my end table. They are being scrupulously ignored as they wait for me to pick them up. They should be enjoying happy lifts into the air over my head, feeling the sweep … Continue reading