- DNA Ethnicity Test Result Reliability – It’s All About Expectations
- Chasing Family – Online Family Trees: To Post or Not to Post?
- Chasing Family… Down a Rabbit Hole and Up a Tree
- The Pros and Cons of Fear and Anger
- Starting a New Holiday Tradition
- The Giving Season and the Thoughtful Giver
- Do I Really Have My Father’s Eyes?
- Symbols of Cities and Lands
- Land Meets Water
- The Ephemeral Nature of Days… and of Gratitude
Monthly Archives: November 2012
Fire and Ice by Robert Frost Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice. From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire. But if it had to perish twice, I think … Continue reading
For forty years, my beloved and I talked about going to Hawaii. Finally, we were able to go last Fall. We figured we would treat ourselves to this big vacation while we were both working, Hawaii is probably one of the most … Continue reading
“Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough” – Oprah Winfrey “It isn’t what you have or who you are or where you … Continue reading
In this Thanksgiving Season, I have many important things, and a few fun ones, to be thankful for. Among the fun items are some blogging awards, and I’d like to share that bounty with my own nominees of varied and … Continue reading
This is a big milestone for me. This is my 100th post on The Retiring Sort. In the ten months since I started this blog I’ve learned a lot about blogging. I really knew almost nothing before that. Before I … Continue reading