- DNA Ethnicity Test Result Reliability – It’s All About Expectations
- Chasing Family – Online Family Trees: To Post or Not to Post?
- Chasing Family… Down a Rabbit Hole and Up a Tree
- The Pros and Cons of Fear and Anger
- Starting a New Holiday Tradition
- The Giving Season and the Thoughtful Giver
- Do I Really Have My Father’s Eyes?
- Symbols of Cities and Lands
- Land Meets Water
- The Ephemeral Nature of Days… and of Gratitude
Monthly Archives: September 2012
This is the forest primeval. The murmuring pines and the hemlocks, Bearded with moss, and in garments green, indistinct in the twilight, Stand like Druids of old, with voices sad and prophetic, Stand like harpers hoar, with beards … Continue reading
I am a little overwhelmed and very appreciative – I’ve been nominated for a number of great blogging awards over the past months. I wanted to do the acceptance posts properly, so I’ve been pitifully slow about it. I apologize. It … Continue reading
We’ve lived most of our married life in either Upstate New York or New England – two of the première areas for Autumn “leaf-peeping.” We love our Autumn leaves. In the Winter, only the last vestiges of leaves remain. Oak … Continue reading
Last month, we travelled to Stratford, Ontario for the day. Like Stratford in England, the town is on a river called the Avon. Although the main attraction in town is theatre – primarily Shakespeare – the village has a few … Continue reading
I don’t usually tackle economic or political subjects, but WordPress has presented an interesting topic this week, so I’m giving this one-woman’s-take-on-events a try. Did you know that the Occupy Wall Street protests celebrated their anniversary on September 17th? Remember … Continue reading