- DNA Ethnicity Test Result Reliability – It’s All About Expectations
- Chasing Family – Online Family Trees: To Post or Not to Post?
- Chasing Family… Down a Rabbit Hole and Up a Tree
- The Pros and Cons of Fear and Anger
- Starting a New Holiday Tradition
- The Giving Season and the Thoughtful Giver
- Do I Really Have My Father’s Eyes?
- Symbols of Cities and Lands
- Land Meets Water
- The Ephemeral Nature of Days… and of Gratitude
Monthly Archives: January 2013
I’ve been looking at some retirement expenses, like Medicare Medigap policies, trips we’d like to take, and more. When I was working, I could buy a new TV or computer without thinking about it for too long. Now I really have … Continue reading
Love isn’t simple. The ancient Greeks understood this so well that they had three different words to express it: 1) Agape – Perfect, unconditional love – Often characterized as the love of God. Most of us mere mortals have … Continue reading
Mending Wall by Robert Frost Something there is that doesn’t love a wall, That sends the frozen-ground-swell under it, And spills the upper boulders in the sun; And makes gaps even two can pass abreast. The work … Continue reading
Challenge #7 Our days are full of things we take for granted. We have the internet, which gives us a window on just about everything we can imagine. We have books, movies, and television which narrow our focus a bit, … Continue reading
I had a scary moment this month. I know I’m not bomb-proof, and understand I’m not twenty anymore. Still, when I have minor aches and pains, I tend to self-treat. I’m the child, step-child, grandchild, and niece of RN’s, who … Continue reading